At our Murrieta dental office, it is always our goal to protect your oral health by preserving your teeth whenever possible. There are times, however, when your tooth is so damaged by decay that it needs to be extracted.
Caring, Compassionate Treatment
We understand that the prospect of having a tooth extracted causes anxiety for most people, and we take every precaution to make the experience as comfortable as possible. Dr. Prais is a caring, compassionate professional who has years of experience in performing extractions and putting his patients at ease.
Our entire team works together to support and encourage you throughout the procedure. We will answer all your questions beforehand and do everything possible to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable during the procedure.
Why Is Tooth Extraction Necessary?
Aside from cases of severe decay or infection, there are several situations where tooth extraction may be necessary:
- Damage from dental trauma — Extraction may be necessary if your tooth has broken or fractured below the gum line.
- Alignment issues — If a tooth is not positioned properly, it can affect the alignment of surrounding teeth and may need to be extracted.
- Orthodontic treatment — Young children may need one or more of their teeth extracted to improve tooth development and alignment in preparation for orthodontics.
- Preparation for dentures — A patient who is receiving partial or complete dentures may need to have several or all teeth removed.
- Root canal infection — Infection has made its way into the root canal and cannot be eliminated with traditional root canal treatment.
Comfortable, Stress-Free Treatment
We understand that many people get anxious at the thought of any type of dental treatment, and the thought of tooth extraction can be completely unnerving. But you can be confident that you are in excellent hands with Dr. Prais and the rest of our professional team.
We’ve all been there at one point in our lives, so we know that your concerns are completely natural and nothing to be embarrassed about. You should know that dental technology and procedures have come a long way in recent years, and having a tooth extracted may be a lot easier than you think.
Combining updated technology with old-fashioned care and compassion allows us to perform the procedure efficiently and with as little stress and discomfort as possible. All members of our team are trained to respect your concerns, and someone will be at your side throughout the procedure. If you are very apprehensive, Dr. Prais can prescribe a calming medication for you to take before the procedure.
Call Our Office to Arrange a Consultation
If you think you may need to have a tooth extracted and have been putting it off because of anxiety about the procedure, please contact our Murrieta dental office at 951-677-4188. We will be happy to answer your questions or schedule a consultation at your convenience.